Monday, December 3, 2012

29 Days



I have begun the process on getting ready for the 5,500+ mile bike ride.
Making list after list after list...after list.  
Checking off things I need to do to detach from my societal standpoint, to be physically prepared, to have the knowledge of keeping my bike and camp in good shape along the way.
It is amazing how much goes into  detaching from such a "comfortable" life.
I have been experiencing more headaches and nausea than usual.
I suspect way too much coffee, lack of water, and sitting in front of the computer for hours.
A gentle yoga class and extra amounts of water helped yesterday.
I am sure I am a bit nervous as well.  It is a pretty intense change up.
The excitement and need for a deeper understanding and truer happiness definitely outweigh and
overcome the discomfort.
The reading is rather difficult, but rewarding.  Cicero is brilliant.
Looking forward to putting a dent in the 383 pages...and having some discussions in the near future.
Excited to get back to the bike shop on Wednesday to get an appropriate fitting and some gear.
More Yoga
More Reading
More Riding
lather, rinse, repeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment