Friday, February 1, 2013

Post 1

  I will try my best to give you a taste of where we have been in the past 3 weeks.  I haven't written much about where we stay and where we are headed because I don't feel like I can do it justice, but I will try my best.
  We have stayed with a range of different folk from Little Talbot Island (East of Jacksonville FL.) to New Roads LA. where we relax for an extra day today due to a storm forecast.  Luckily, so far we have had nothing but sunshine and a slight, cool breeze.  I am very pleased with life.  

  Seven other individuals and myself gathered in Little Talbot at the National State Park that kisses the Atlantic.  We stayed 3 or 4 days camping, building and riding bikes, packing and unpacking panniers, telling our stories, and talking about why we each decided to join the ride.

  I think we are all a little surprised on how well we interconnected from the beginning.  We all bring a variety of flames to this bonfire.  The practiced communication, open/honest questions, the mixing pot of opinions, and beliefs creates quite a unique but solid base.  With a structure like this, there needs to be a rich range of flexibility.  So far, it seems like we are all willing to contribute  patients.

  The day we arrived to Kim & Nathan's home outside of Tallahassee, I wasn't sure if I had anything left to give.  I was close to shutting down for the evening.  Getting inside, strait to the shower, and to bed for me.  When we made our way inside my heart softened some.  Just enough for me to stick it out and visit with many kind people.  That night they were celebrating a Pagan ritual for the dark moon.  Basically it was a way to release negative energy you held onto.  We had some great talks and tasty food with Kim and Nathan for the remainder of the weekend.  

We have stayed with a handful of very loving churches.

Lamont Baptist Church
Taylor Church in Sanderson, FL
Lighthouse God's Gym
Village Baptist Church

The food and shelter  has been some of the greatest gifts I have ever received.  When you strip yourself away from all (or most) comforts of life, there is a chance for a radical detox and a chance at a larger volume of awareness of the mind body and spirit.  I believe the beauty in this "detox", is that it looks so different for everyone.  

That's all for now.
More couch surfing stories under way.
Thanks for the patients.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment