Tuesday, October 1, 2013

9 days

  Reading only the introduction has resinated rather well.  The words are perfect.  The thoughts are dead on.  Into Thin Air, by Jon Krakauer has made me think maybe I will never write about the first expedition.  Maybe that will be the greatest secret of my life, that will never be fully explained or told (from my perspective)...maybe I am afraid of what the finished product would be.  Afraid of what it could sound like to others.  Maybe I don't have the words.  The understanding.  The memory.
  All I know, is that those 8 other Young and Wild riders..friends..family...are somewhere out there, thinking about the trip almost on a daily basis, I am sure.  Still feeling that movement we created together.  That feeling Jon explained in his intro.  The most real feeling, of life itself.
  I am giving myself a second chance.  To take it all in.  To allow myself to be distracted by my own self.  My existence.  My relevance to the world.  My interactions.  To be alone.  With me.   And to document it as best as I can.
  My plan, is to do my best, to make small changes to this person I am.  With the combination of events, circumstances, choices I am given... to practice molding a person.  A soul.  I can appreciate, a little bit more, each day... while on the road.  Writing daily.  Reading daily.  Riding daily.  And everything that comes along with that.
  Here, is where you will probably get the most exposure to what is going on...Please feel free to email me while I am on the road.
  Wish me luck, send me prayers, and have a good time with my posts! :)
 

  Here is to 9 days in counting..


Cheers,
Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment