Thursday, October 24, 2013

Flower Mound and Friends

These are some things that went through my head after being home...

I think my auto pilot kicked in.  The auto pilot that kicks in when anyone goes home, I assume.  Sort of the same feeling you get when you drive so many times....all you remember is getting in the car, and poof* you are suddenly walking into the office...
 "Home", holds so many memories and so much familiarity.  Home holds so much time.  Home can be a place you compare all of your experiences to.  Home holds feelings. ideas. emotions. relationships. visions. struggles. growth. choices.  I believe all beings have a home...if not more than one.  I think that is how we survive.  No matter how divergent... It seems like our main achievement in life is creating a "home".  We need familiarity. comfort. safety. support. love... no matter how divergent.

 Home can be a place.  It can be a person or people.  It can be a thing.  It can be an idea.  Those who are most fortunate, have created home through a combination of these elements.  So, everyone creates a world for themselves.. with what they are given.  We all struggle...to nurture and destroy our world.  The hardest part, of my own world...committing to a square footage...



 I never wanted my "home town" to define me.  I didn't want to be molded into the majority percentile.. of any kind.  To avoid the mold,  usually meant doing things how I wanted, when I wanted, and where I wanted... that is my autopilot.  I am not too proud of it... but it helps get me places.

That being said... I fantasize Flower Mound (my physical "home town") being something new and exciting... but Flower Mound will never be that...  I am starting to see the beauty of having a home base that will remain quiet and boring...no matter how many trees they destroy.. or how many businesses they implant upon the square footage... it may grow in ways I am not too thrilled about.  I may never settle down there...in what used to be the little country town.  I can appreciate the lessons and love that came from the time I spent there, when I did.

To friends at home..it is cool to see how far we have come.  You are all going places, that is for damn sure...we all have our time... no need to get jaded by your 3rd year in college.  I admire all of you that dedicated yourselves to that square footage, for 4+ years.  It really is impressive.  It takes time.  Patience.  Love.  Destruction.  Nurturing.  Within that square footage, most meet themselves.  Most meet lifetime friends.  Most make memories.  Most create a home of sorts.  Those that aren't in college, or have never started...way to follow whatever path you have chosen.  You are trailing off the beaten path.  You know what I know, about yourself.  You have chosen to not dedicate yourself to something you are not ready to take on.  You are making your own way.  That also takes guts.  That also takes time. Patience. Love. Destruction. Nurturing.   

Thanks for being such awesome friends... you know who you are ;)...  Thanks for accepting me for me.  Thanks for gracing me with your thoughts, time, and love...even when I disappear.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment