Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thanks

Lubbock... home of some top-dog tailgating professionals.  After an eventful weekend, I have managed to find stillness on my buddies old country porch.  Beauty, in the simplest kind of way.  The past few days have consisted of grilling some grade A barbecue and cracking beer after beer with some new characters.





Lubbock is a beautiful place to rest...between the chugaroo cook outs and Broadway Shuffle.
It has been two weeks now since I got to my buddies house in Lubbock...  Part of me was indifferent about not keeping to my (original) schedule, most of last week.
Now, sitting here... a handful of car rides in the country... two tours around two respectable ranches, with two legendary cowboys... one, 6 man, junior high football game... A beautiful wedding...a town of tailgating... Laughter. Strangers. Friends. Growth. Confusion. Dancing...  I am glad my better half convinced me to chill out and spend some time exploring North West Texas.  The part of me that knows, I'll have all the time I need to get where ever I am going.  This part that encourages the chances that are given to experience different walks of life... the spur of the moment inclination (pun intended)... to stop, and maybe even back track... to soak it in....soak it all in.  Be there.  Make a choice, and move in that choice.  Fearlessly.  Being open to help from others.


Thank you for all the help.
To my friends here in Lubbock and Guthrie.
Safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment